Though rather late, I wanted to post about meeting Donna Washburn and Heather Butt. I had previously met them at the National GIG Education Conference in Virginia, in June. We had them speak to us at our local GIG meeting on November 3rd. They are currently working on their fourth gluten-free cookbook! Check them out at www.bestbreadrecipes.com.
I had the privilege of having lunch with them and Betty Barfield (our branch president) at Carino’s. They now have a gluten-free menu. I had a wonderful lunch of roasted garlic potato soup, jalapeño garlic tilapia, and sauteed green beans. As wonderful as the meal was, the company was even better. These two ladies are so vibrant and fun. The picture is Heather, me, and Donna. We’ll see you at the next GIG conference in Dallas, Donna and Heather!
My Latest Whisperings
- SweetWorks Candy Giveaway
- Crunchmaster Popped Edamame Chips
- “You Still Won’t Believe It’s Gluten-Free!” by Roben Ryberg
- Glutino Peppermint Yogurt Covered Pretzels
- Immaculate Baking Co. GF Peanut Butter Cookies
- Tastefully Simple Beer Bread Mix
- Gold Emblem Baked Rice Crisps
- Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Recipes from Iron Chef Cat Cora
- Spiced Apple Wraps Recipe
- And now, a word from the FDA
A Word of CautionAlways remember to check each ingredient to make sure that it is gluten-free. Reading labels is so important. Happy gluten-free eating!
Psst…Archives are here