To prepare for Thanksgiving, I will be posting a series of some of my favorite Thanksgiving recipes from years past, along with a few new ones. I will also be adding some hints along the way, about traveling gluten-free. I am not what you would deem a “seasoned traveler,” but I have a few tricks up my sleeves. I will be having T-Day at my brother and sister-in-law’s house. They have requested “fluffy wheat rolls” from my mom, but the sacrilege stops there. I will be bringing mixes I’ve prepared for things like cornbread and rolls (which they have always loved so much, even taking the leftovers), and frozen pies (I hope) and bread for the stuffing. Luckily, my family likes their vegetables unadulterated, so I don’t have to deal with that kind of mess. But since I will be traveling from the Fort Worth area up to the home of the Sooners, I will need to have everything well-prepared. I’d better get working.
My Latest Whisperings
- Glutino Peppermint Yogurt Covered Pretzels
- Immaculate Baking Co. GF Peanut Butter Cookies
- Tastefully Simple Beer Bread Mix
- Gold Emblem Baked Rice Crisps
- Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Recipes from Iron Chef Cat Cora
- Spiced Apple Wraps Recipe
- And now, a word from the FDA
- Cuisine Cube
- Living Without magazine’s Best Gluten-Free Cookbook
- Kit’s Organic Giveaway
A Word of CautionAlways remember to check each ingredient to make sure that it is gluten-free. Reading labels is so important. Happy gluten-free eating!
Psst…Archives are here