Daddy’s Peanut Brittle

It’s just not Christmas without Daddy’s peanut brittle. He makes it every year, so that he can take it to people he visits from church. This is one of the ways that Daddy says he likes you. If you get some, you must be special!

Daddy’s Microwave Peanut Brittle

In a large microwave-safe bowl, add:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup white Karo syrup
1 cup raw peanuts

Microwave on high for 4 minutes.
(If using cooked peanuts, add 1 cup cooked peanuts now.)
Stir.

Microwave on high for 2.5 to 3 minutes.
Add:
1 tsp butter (Daddy uses 1 tbsp!)
1 tsp vanilla

Stir.
Microwave on high for 1 minute.
Add:
1 tsp baking soda

Mix well.
Pour onto cookie sheet sprayed with Pam (or use a silicone mat). Allow to cool, then break into pieces.
Cooking times may need to be adjusted for your microwave. Using different kinds of nuts may require adding the nuts later in the cooking cycle.

I hope you enjoy the peanut brittle. We sure do!

This entry was posted in Candy, Holiday Menu Items. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Daddy’s Peanut Brittle

1. Carrie says:

MMmmmmmm!!! My Dad loves peanut brittle too! This might inspire me to make some for him for christmas!! That would make his day!! Great pictures!!

2. Cassandra says:

Thanks, Carrie. Dad took that picture. (He told me not to be greedy, I only get one, lol.)

3. Gluti Girl says:

My daughter’s been bugging me to make some peanut brittle. I’m going to have to get busy. It looks so good!

4. Cassandra says:

Oh, definitely make her some. And you will have some to share with friends (provided you two don’t snarf it all yourselves – that’s why we make huge batches, lol).

5. Sheltie Girl says:

This is a lovely recipe for peanut brittle! My husband loves brittle in any form…with nut…without nut…the crumbs leftover.

Sheltie Girl @ Gluten A Go Go

6. Janice Tedesco says:

I love this peanut brittle – have a hard time finding raw peanuts – any suggestions. I live in Cincinnati (north side) and use Jungle Jim’s, but would like to know if maybe Meijer’s carries them.
    Thanks