GF (of course) Flour Tortillas

We’ll credit this recipe to Bobbie Coughlin, over at the Delphi Celiac group. She thinks it came from a support group in Texas, but I was unable to find this recipe on any of the Texas groups’ websites. I have made this a few times and we really like them.

GF Flour Tortillas

1/4 cup each cornstarch, tapioca flour, potato starch, white rice flour and brown rice flour
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1 generous tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tablespoon oil
1/2 cup water, more if needed

Mix dry ingredients and add water and oil. Let rest 10 minutes.

Divide into balls, roll into tortillas, and cook on a hot skillet.

This entry was posted in Breads. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to GF (of course) Flour Tortillas

1. Tamara says:

I want to try these, thanks for posting this. I am new to GF and don’t really like corn tortillas. I like the rice ones at Trader joe’s ok but I would much rather make my own.

2. Cassandra says:

es, give them a try. They are pretty easy. The hardest part for me is getting the skillet the right temperature (but I have that problem with everything, lol).

3. Carrie says:

i will have to try these babies! I am SO sick of corn tortillas! Thanks girl!

4. Cassandra says:

Corn tortillas can get a little boring after 4 years, lol.

5. Katie says:

these sound great! I will definitely be trying these.

6. Cassandra — thank you! I will try this and I’m also very glad to “meet” you! This is such a lovely and warm little subculture!
    Melissa

7. carrie says:

I FINALLY tried these out Cassandra! I used millet flour, brown rice flour, tapioca flour, and sweet rice flour. OH they were heavenly!! I made soft tacos with them and I just about cried! I actually found something that I can make a wrap sandwich with and I don’t have to buy those “Food For Life” tortilla’s anymore. (And these were SO much better!!) I’m so excited about making these again later!! Thanks!