Carter’s not feeling too well this morning, so I wanted to make him something yummy and fairly easy on his tummy.
I took some leftover brown rice, poured in a little milk, added a splash of vanilla and a clump of dark brown sugar, then microwaved it for a minute. Because he was in no mood to wait for the rice to soften, I put in some baby rice cereal to thicken it up (think rice pudding), and a little cold milk (to cool it back down for him). It was really good.
Carter didn’t want to try it, but once I got some on his lips, he started eating it with gusto.
My Latest Whisperings
- Tasty Bite Indian Meals
- On Being a Personal Chef – Chef Janet K
- thinkThin Bars and Giveaway
- Plush Puffs Marshmallows
- Dr. Praeger’s and a Giveaway
- Restaurant Fined for Giving Wheat-Based Pasta to Celiac
- “Cooking for Your Gluten-Free Teen”
- Food Allergy Awareness Week
- Stubb’s Sauces, Spice Rubs, and Giveaway
A Word of CautionAlways remember to check each ingredient to make sure that it is gluten-free. Reading labels is so important. Happy gluten-free eating!
Psst…Archives are here