I made these cookies the other day, and I was extremely pleased with them (a bit too much, if you know what I mean).Â A number of people have asked for the recipe, so here it is.Â It comes from the back of the Hershey’s Cinnamon Chips bag, or you can find it at the Hershey’s
Recipe: Gluten-Free Oatmeal Cinnamon Chips Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1&1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1&1/2 cups gluten-free flour mix with xanthan gum (I used Better Batter Flour, because that’s what I had on hand)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2&1/2 cups gluten-free quick-cooking oats (Bob’s Red Mill makes gluten-free quick oats – make sure you get the gluten-free ones!)
- 1&2/3 cups (10-oz pkg.) Hershey’s Cinnamon Chips
- 3/4 cup raisins (I used a little over a cup, because I like lots of raisins)
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in bowl until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Combine flour and baking soda; add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in oats, cinnamon chips and raisins (batter will be stiff).
- Drop by heaping teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet (I like to use parchment paper). Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 1 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Makes about 4 dozen.
Diet tags: Gluten free