Some days, you just lazily wake up, knowing there is absolutely nothing that you absolutely have to do that day.
These days are few and far between for me, but I managed to get one on Monday. I was slightly harassed by my friends for not showing up to Zumba, but I’ve since gotten over it. 🙂
I was productive, however. When my friend Martin came over for a late breakfast, I decided that normal pancakes just wouldn’t cut it that day. So I got a little fancy in the kitchen.
Generally, when I do this, I don’t pay too much attention to what I’m doing and don’t write anything down. But you’re in luck, and, this time, I did.
I started with my favorite pancake recipe, from You Won’t Believe It’s Gluten-Free by Roben Ryberg, and modified it to suit my desire for pumpkin pancakes.
We found these pancakes to be moist and fluffy, with a medium pumpkin flavor. I preferred them with some Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate mega chunks. Martin preferred them without the chocolate. I think they’re kinda awesome, but I may be a little biased.
Recipe: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 350 grams canned (solid pack) pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup cornstarch (190 grams)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup milk
- semi-sweet chocolate chips, optional, to suit taste
- Place all ingredients in medium-size bowl (except for chocolate chips). Mix very well. Stir in chocolate chips, if desired.
- Heat pan or griddle to medium heat.
- Pour the batter into the pan to your desired size of pancakes. Cook until small bubbles appear on the surface and the bottom becomes lightly browned.
- Flip and continue to cook until lightly browned on both sides.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 3 – 5 minute(s) (-ish, each)
Diet tags: Gluten free
Recipe by Delightfully Gluten Free.