Gluten-Free and Celiac Disease Books I Own
I wanted to put together a list of gluten-free cookbooks and reference books I own for my readers, in case you are interested. Don’t worry – nobody expects you to have as many as I do. Since I am the book chairman for my local support group, it makes sense for me to know at least a little about each book that I am selling. Plus, I may actually have an addiction. I’m not sure.
I’m also in the process of putting together an Excel spreadsheet of the tables of contents for the cookbooks. This, I do, for many good reasons.
- I thought it was a good idea.
- I was bored one afternoon.
- So I can search easily between all the books to find a recipe I might like to try.
- So my friends and family can look up a recipe title if they want to make something for me, or (more likely) have me make it for a gathering.
- So you, my readers, can look at the recipes in different books before deciding which book(s) to buy.
- So you, my readers, can also search easily through a book or books you might have to find a new recipe you want to try, without leaving the comfort of your computer chair (and without having to look through 10 different books).
- So that I can be a little more helpful when someone asks me which authors have a recipe for Lebkuchen, or something like that.
- So that I, and you, can try out different recipes and see which ones we like the best.
If you are a cookbook author, and would like to send me a sample cookbook to review for myself, my blog, or for my support group, then please email me at delightfullyglutenfree AT gmail DOT com. I love receiving new cookbooks in the mail.
It will take me awhile to get all my cookbooks into the excel file. So, that means it will be updated frequently, and anytime I get a new cookbook. I have begun. Patience, please. I have a lot of books.
There are now quite a few pages within the workbook, so make sure you see them all. Some of them are currently empty, as I’ve been mostly adding the cookbooks with a fairly decent table of contents first (some of them, I have to flip through each page). Also, some of the reference books have some recipes, so I’m adding those as well. They are usually recipes by other authors/companies.
To search within an Excel spreadsheet, just click on any cell, then go to Edit, Find. Type in the word you want to search for (such as loaf) and click on find all. This will work for just the sheet that you have open. To search all sheets in the workbook (from where you were just at) click on Options, then in the drop down menu next to within, choose workbook. Then click on find all. You will get a list of recipe titles that have that word in it. Here is an example of what you will see.
Please let me know if you found this to be useful at all. I love positive feedback.
- The Ice Dream Cookbook (read the review)
- Gluten-Free Cookies
- The Complete Book of Gluten-Free Cooking
- Bake Deliciously! Gluten and Dairy Free Cookbook (read the review)
- 1,000 Gluten-Free Recipes
- Cooking Free (for multiple food allergies and sensitivities)
- Gluten-Free Quick & Easy
- Wheat-Free Recipes and Menus
- Gluten-Free Celebrations: Memorable Meals Without Wheat
- Allergy-Free Desserts: Gluten-free, Dairy-fee, Egg-free, Soy-free, and Nut-free Delights (review coming soon)
- The Gluten, Wheat, and Dairy Free Cookbook
- The Gluten-Free Gourmet Revised Edition
- More From the Gluten-Free Gourmet
- The Gluten-Free Gourmet Cooks Fast and Healthy
- The Gluten-Free Gourmet Bakes Bread
- The Gluten-Free Gourmet Makes Dessert
- The Gluten-Free Gourmet Cooks Comfort Foods
Hammond, Leslie & Laakso, Betsy
- Enjoy Life’s Cookies for Everyone! (read the review)
Kirkland, Kirsti & Thomas, Betsy
- Life Tastes Good Again
- Gluten-Free Italian (read the review)
- Simple Pleasures
- Don’t Feed Me: Gluten-free, Dairy-free Cooking
- Gluten-Free Baking
- Delicious Gluten-Free Wheat-Free Breads
Roberts, Annalise G.
- Gluten-Free Baking Classics (review coming soon)
- Gluten-Free Baking Classics for the Bread Machine (review coming soon)
Roberts, Annalise G. and Pillow, Claudia (PhD)
- The Gluten-Free Good Health Cookbook (review coming soon)
- You Won’t Believe It’s Gluten-Free (My favorite gf cookbook)
- The Gluten-Free Kitchen
Sanderson, Sheri L.
- Incredible Edible Gluten-Free Food for Kids
- Wheat-Free, Gluten-Free Cookbook for Kids and Busy Adults
- Wheat-Free, Gluten-Free Dessert Cookbook
Sarros, Connie & Korn, Danna
- Gluten-Free Cooking for Dummies
- The Gluten-Free Cook Book
Washburn, Donna, & Butt, Heather
- Complete Gluten-Free Cookbook
- The Best Gluten-Free Family Cookbook
- 125 Best Gluten-Free Recipes
My Gluten-Free and Celiac Disease/Gluten Intolerance Resource Books
Ahern, Shauna James
- The Gluten-Free Girl
Bower, Sylvia Llewelyn; Sharrett, Mary Kay; & Plogsted, Steve
- Celiac Disease: A Guide to Living with Gluten Intolerance
- Gluten-Free Diet: A Comprehensive Resource Guide
Falini, Nancy Patin
- Gluten-Free Friends: An Activity Book for Kids
Green, Dr. Peter & Jones, Rory
- Celiac Disease: A Hidden Epidemic (A must-have book, on the medical side)
- Living Gluten-Free for Dummies (Great for the newly diagnosed, to get you started)
- Wheat-Free, Worry-Free
- Kids with Celiac Disease
Kruszka, Bonnie J.
- Eating Gluten-Free with Emily (Wonderful for a child, especially to share – unfortunately, no longer in print)
Matison & Matison
- Gluten-Free Grocery Shopping Guide 2008/2009 Edition
Pintavalle, Jane & Pintavalle, Diane
- The Trouble That Jack Had
- The Essential Gluten-Free Grocery Guide, 2nd Edition
- The Essential Gluten-Free Restaurant Guide, 4th Edition
- Healthier without Wheat: A new understanding of wheat allergies, celiac disease, and non-celiac gluten intolerance (read the review)
- Food Allergy Field Guide