There is no better way to kick off a gluten-free blog than with a scrumptious brownie recipe. Hide the scale for a few days, or better yet, get yourself to a Zumba class right away.
These originally came from the Hershey website. A great Thanks! goes out to Misha, at the Delphi
This picture is of the fresh brownies, before they have had a chance to firm up.
Supreme Chocolate Saucepan Brownies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup gf flour mix (rice flour/potato starch/tapioca flour mix works great)
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1. Heat oven to 350Â°F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
2. Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Add sugar and cocoa; stir to blend. Remove from heat. Stir in eggs. Stir together flour, salt and baking soda; stir into chocolate mixture. Stir in vanilla and chocolate chips. Spread in prepared pan.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan and begin to slightly crack; do not underbake. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes about 24 brownies.
You may want to make these the day before, especially if you are taking them somewhere. The chocolate chips need a long time to re-harden. If you don’t, they are still extremely good, although pretty messy (and very hard to eat off a napkin).
5 responses to “World’s Best Brownies”
4 EGGS? a WHOLE cup of BUTTER? 2 CUPS of sugar??? a WHOLE package of chocolate chips???… LOL NO WONDER THEY ARE GOOD! LOL
I’m seriously tempted to make these before we sail off into no sugar land!!
Just reading the recipe is making my mouth water girl!!
Yeah, it totally makes you hungry, doesn’t it?
Michael and I made these last night! We halved the recipe (thought maybe that would make up for the sheer sinfulness of them! haha!!) and durn it if I didn’t overbake them… BUT they were still superbly yummy!!! This will be the first thing on my list to make again after January!!! Thanks for sharing! They were delicious!!!
These are,by far, the best gluten free brownies ever. My son even liked these! Thanks!
We make these all the time mom! These are SOOOOOOOOO GOOD