“Did you know it takes 8-10 lbs of fresh fruit or veggies to make 1 lb of Crunchies?” Â Don’t you just love the cool facts on some packages?
I recently received some samples from the good people at Crunchies
I love freeze-dried fruits. Â I love the crunch and the way they sort of dissolve as you chew them.
The Mixed Fruit is a wonderful treat. Â I buy a lot of fresh fruit, and I don’t know about you, but I am constantly depressed by the lack of flavor in some of the fruit. Â I’ve completely quit buying peaches lately, because they are all so depressingly devoid of taste. Â But not the Crunchies! Â My first bite was a peach and it tasted so good. Â There was none of that “guessing” at which fruit I was eating. Â Even with a little powder from the strawberries and raspberries dusting the outside, it was still obviously a peach. Â Delectable.
Buttered Sweet Corn? Â Don’t mind if I do. Â It’s like eating a crunchy version of buttered corn on the cob fresh-picked from the garden. Â My dad, whenever he’s harvesting corn from his garden, will boil the water before he even goes out to pick the corn. Â I don’t know, but I think the people at Crunchies may have a similar dedication.
Have you ever had your veggies accidentally scoot into your barbecue sauce and thought that might just be a grand idea? Â You can get your veggies with that fire-roasted and barbecue flavor but with the great crunch and portability of the free-dried snack.
Crunchies use non-GMO fruits and vegetables. Â They are also certified gluten-free.
From their website:
- Fresh fruits and veggies are harvested and frozen within 24 hours, and then through a refrigerated, cooling process, are freeze dried at the packing facilities.
- 97% of the moisture is removed, while maintaining 94% of the nutrient and enzyme level of the whole fruit. Only about 44% of the water is removed from dried fruit, and the heat process destroys the nutrients and enzymes.
- Pineapples and Mangoes are grown in South America, all other fruits and vegetables are grown in United States.
- Everything is processed and packed in the U.S.
- Crunchies have a 24 month shelf life + re-sealable bags (which is very important, as air will re-hydrate and soften the fruit)
You can get them online or in a variety of stores (they are even available in the mall nearest me – go figure).