The deadline is approaching to get the early bird pricing for the Gluten Intolerance Group’s Annual Education Conference. Register by May 21st to save some money. Conference dates are June 6 and 7, in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
This conference is going to be a total blast. I know – I helped organize it. And, if you come, you can meet me Alive and In Person (and with a 6-month-pregnant belly, lol). I mean, you all want to come just to meet me, right?
Well, if that’s not a good enough reason, then let me give you some more.
We are going to have some fabulous speakers. Cookbook authors: Roben Ryberg, Carol Fenster, Annalise Roberts, and Jennifer Cinquepalmi. Dieticians: Shelley Case and Cathy Breedon. Gluten-Free life experts: Danna Korn and Andrea Levario. Doctors: Michelle Pietzak, Edward Hoffenburg, Jean Layton, Steve Wangen and Megan Tichy. And let us not forget our guest speaker, the one and only, Dr. Alessio Fasano (he will be speaking at the Saturday night banquet).
A Texas Hoedown Barbeque and Dance awaits us for the Friday night entertainment. We are going to have a Singing Cowboy, and line dance instructor. Come have some fun, Texas-Style! Our Saturday night banquet will have such a wonderful atmosphere. We get to be a little fancied-up, eat, and chat with our new friends, listen to Dr. Fasano speak, and participate in a live auction, which helps fund the various children’s camps that GIG puts on every year.
I even have the inside scoop on the items for the live auction. Shh. Come closer and I’ll tell you a few.
- Four different bed and breakfast packages, including the famous (to my blog readers, anyways) Chicken Paradise
- Two autographed Dallas Cowboys footballs
- A personal chef service
- A set of two American Airlines tickets to anywhere in the continental U.S. (round trip!)
- Sunday morning breakfast with Dr. Fasano (ladies, I know y’all want to bid on this one)
We’ve got some great silent auction items that will be available to bid on Friday and Saturday. Some will even have a “buy now” option if you’ve just got to have it. Here’s a few to tickle your fancy:
- Texas/Southwest themed kitchenware
- Giftcards from nationally recognized restaurants
- Unique handmade gifts, like jewelry from my friend, Tara
- Lots of great gluten-free food baskets
We had some ideas to spruce up the conference a bit, and make it even more user-friendly:
- A pack and mail service available, for all the food, books, and auction items you buy
- Chair massages
- A walk-around breakfast, where the vendors supply the carbs (get ready to chow down)
- A book table, run by me (and David, our treasurer), to outfit you with the speakers’ books – because I know you’ll want to buy some
If you are bringing a companion who is not into the whole conference thing, they will be just minutes away from Grapevine Mills Mall, which has just about everything, including a huge movie theater and other entertainment areas. Check out this Vacation In Texas brochure I helped create for more ideas.
So come and join us. It will be the highlight of your summer. I know it will be mine!